A global chemical manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Manager to be based out of their facility near the Paterson, NJ area. The EHS Manager is tasked with ensuring compliance with EHS regulations and industry standards. Reporting to Plant Leadership, The EHS Manager will possess an ability to communicate with individuals at all levels with the goal of developing a positive safety culture.
- Lead local Environmental, Health and Safety processes including behavior-based safety, risk assessments, incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Manage environmental permitting, manage site EHS management systems, and conduct annual audits.
- Perform and document safety inspections of work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory standards and policies.
- Direct, plan and implement EHS loss prevention programs to assure the highest degree of workplace safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related discipline
- 6+ years of professional EHS working experience
- Working knowledge of local regulatory matters in a manufacturing environment