Shirley Parsons are delighted to partner with a leading Construction organisation who are looking to appoint a Senior Quality Engineer within their Nuclear division. This Senior Quality Engineer assignment requires someone with a Mechanical background.
This is a permanent position paying up to £55,000 plus car/allowance + excellent bonus + excellent benefits. This position is a working on a hybrid basis where 2/3 days per week you will be required to be at Sellafield.
- Develop, maintain, improve – and provide coaching on the use of – local management systems to enable effective delivery.
- Verifying that quality requirements are adequately specified and complied with.
- Ensure that the works (including materials and workmanship) are adequately specified and are carried out in accordance with contract documents/programmes and assist in the resolution of any on-site issues that may arise.
- Interface and engage with key stakeholders to promote a joined-up approach to quality.
- Assess the ability of suppliers to meet specified requirements.
- Engage with relevant disciplines / functions to translate requirements and expectations, taking consideration of risks and opportunities and learning from experience (LFE); contribute to project meetings, subcontractor pre-contract and pre-start/opening up meetings.
- Work collaboratively with integrated teams to prepare and implement quality plans and inspection plans, including co-ordination of surveillances required to monitor quality standards in line with specifications.
- Review and accept relevant documentation including supply chain quality submissions.
- Define quality and lifetime record strategies for a project, operation, activity or contract to ensure a demonstrable audit trail that the product/service meets the required specifications.
- Promote the Quality Policy and support the development of a healthy quality culture. This includes Right First Time delivery and ownership of quality in the line, so that quality is understood to be a critical enabler to Nuclear Safety and good overall operational delivery.
- Assist in the delivery of the appropriate Nuclear Safety Education Package where required.
- Define and implement QA/QC activities (including measuring, monitoring, verification, validation and certification) to deliver the expected results.
Skills & Experience:
- Trained Internal or Lead Auditor to ISO 9001 (desirable)
- Practioner/Member of the CQI or working towards Practioner level as a minimum
- Good management skills, with at least 2 years experience of managing a team, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to achieve high standards of compliance.
- Operational or Project experience within the Nuclear Industry or in an environment with similar complexity and risk, sufficient to understand and review end to end processes and propose quality improvements.
- Knowledge & background in a Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (MEICA) environment (desirable).
Vacancy Reference: PR/027186
Vacancy Owner: Jessica Plested | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+44) 1296 611332 | (+44) 7725 258696