I'm currently working on behalf of a growing Billion Dollar international specialist commercial construction contractor seeking to appoint their FIRST dedicated Safety professional to oversee HSEQ processes the DMV Area.
This opportunity suits a Safety professional with 10 years+ experience working for a major construction contractor, looking to progress their career, working with key stakeholders in the business to deliver a positive safety program.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the Vice President of Field Operations, devising and implementing a behavioral safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Proven experience in a construction environment (circa. 10 years)
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams to senior leadership
- Based from the DC Office