€78,000 - €96,000 annually depending on experience
The position of HSE Manager is a key position for leading and implementing an up-to-date policy that is effectively propagated and implemented within our client's production location in Amsterdam. Health, Safety & Environment are essential pillars that are part of the factory's business operations.
About the job
As an HSE Manager, you develop the HSE policy for the organization in close collaboration with site management. You implement and monitor the relevant processes in the field of HSE. It is important that you have a pragmatic approach, are regularly on the floor and realize improvements. In this role you are independently responsible for everything related to the environment and safety.
Other important parts of this feature are:
- Supports managers in the performance of their HSE tasks, both through policy and in the day-to-day workplace.
- Translating global company's guidelines into local procedures and implementing and continuously improving them.
- Prepare safety and environmental performance reports, draw conclusions from them and initiate the resulting actions.
- Manage the management system.
- Manage permits and maintain contact with various authorities.
- Organizing and leading incident analyses; ensuring proper follow-up.
- Providing various training courses and toolbox meetings for operational personnel.
This position is part of the Management Team and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What are you bringing?
We are looking for someone who can prioritize well and has excellent communication skills. It is a diverse package of activities that require a pragmatic attitude in combination with the propagation of a vision. You can make this clear and convince people of this.
Also find important:
- HBO education, in the direction of environmental science or chemical technology with additional safety training (eg HvK or MVK);
- 3 years of work experience in a similar HSE role, preferably within the chemical or process industry;
- Extensive knowledge of HSE relevant laws and regulations;
- Good written command of Dutch and English language;
- Experience in supervising cultural changes in the field of safety;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;