A manufacturer is looking to appoint an EHS Manager to oversee two manufacturing facilities in the Chicago Heights area. Working alongside the plant management team with support from corporate EHS resources, the successful candidate will be tasked with fostering a positive safety culture and leading site-based safety initiatives.
- Lead Health and Safety processes including risk assessments and mitigation, and ergonomics
- Maintain EHS policies and standards to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Measure, evaluate, and recommend changes on the effectiveness of hazard management systems, policies and procedures to eliminate workplace injuries
- Perform site health and safety investigations to ensure proper corrective and preventative measures have been implemented
- Develop and perform EHS training
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in EHS roles in a manufacturing environment (chemicals preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in OHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of Process Safety standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.