Shirley Parsons is working with a Civil Engineering contractor seeking a Site Safety Manager on a project in Charlottesville, Virginia.
This role will be overseeing excavation safety on a commercial construction project and be responsible for site audits, inspections and training.
This is a permanent position, interested candidates should have an OSHA 500 or CHST
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with both the Regional Executive, Safety Director and project superintendents on site in delivering a positive culture toward safety.
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Proven experience in a construction environment (circa. 1-3 years)
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project teams to senior leadership
- Based from Charlottesville, VA