Shirley Parsons are working with a major Civil Engineering contractor currently recruiting a Safety Trainer on behalf of a rapidly growing Knoxville, TN based company. This organization is seeking a safety professional with extensive training experience.
The person placed in the role will take a lead in to creation of bespoke safety training programs that will be rolled out US wide.
- Support and train all safety policies and compliance with OSHA, state, and local regulations
- Coordinates, facilitates, administers, monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training efforts and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Trains or ensures employees are trained on SOPs, company policy, safety and regulatory guidelines and changes.
- Administer, organize, track, and conduct company training programs.
- Verify completion of safety recommendations and requirements on site
- Bachelor's degree in EHS or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years EHS experience within a manufacturing environment
- OSHA 500, 501, or 502 required
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proficient in report writing, documentation, and record keeping related to OSHA standards
- Strong understanding of forklift safety