A nationwide heavy manufacturing company are seeking an EHS Manager to oversee their "Midwest" region. This is an individual contributor role overseeing five locations, with 40-50% travel expected. Reporting directly into the Corporate EHS Director, this role will develop and implement a variety of programs throughout the region. This company are an industry-leader in their niche area of manufacturing, with a proactive approach to EHS.
This role can be based from sites in any of the following locations:
- Indianapolis, IN
- Louisville, KY
- Columbus, OH
- Nashville, TN
- Create EHS programs, policies, initiatives and implement positive changes across five sites in the Midwest region, driving positive EHS culture change
- Act as a technical SME for all EHS matters and issues throughout the Midwest region, providing technical support for a variety of EHS projects
- Lead EHS audits and inspections; training; incident and near miss investigations - identify gaps in current EHS programs and performance, and work collaboratively with site leadership teams on corrective actions
- Collect, report and analyze EHS metrics and performance data in the Midwest region, to proactively reduce injury rates and target areas of the EHS program for proactive improvements.
- Lead environmental reporting and permitting within the region, including for air permitting and emissions reporting; Tier II and Form R reporting; Storm Water regulations; Hazardous Waste and RCRA compliance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, occupational health, engineering) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of EHS experience within industrial manufacturing
- Previous multi-site responsibility strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 40-50% throughout the Midwest region
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence successfully at all levels of an organization