A leading manufacturing company is looking to hire a Health & Safety Manager to be based out of one of their main plants in New Jersey. The company has manufacturing, assembly, and services operations nationally. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Health & Safety Manager will lead a team and be responsible for providing oversight and improvement for all safety functions for the site.
- Create, develop, and manage the company’s safety and regulatory programs, policies, and procedures
- Manage worker’s compensation, conduct audits, incident investigations, and root cause analysis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting for all aspects of safety program
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the safety function
- Bachelor's degree required, Safety & Health and/or Environmental or equivalent degree preferred
- 4+ years of safety and leadership experience
- Strong understanding of heavy manufacturing environments, must be comfortable working in a plant environment
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written