Fire Safety Engineer
£60,000 - £70,000 + bonus and wider package
Shirley Parsons have partnered with a global leading manufacturing organisation, who are looking to appoint a Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer at their key site on the Thames, in East London. The Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer needs to be someone who has a hands-on approach and experience of maintaining and installing fire and explosion safety systems.
This is a newly created role to the business, they are looking for someone to lead on the maintenance and improvements of the Fire and Explosion Safety systems, within this large complex manufacturing site. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who can offer huge career and personal development. This is a crucial appointment to the business, and you will also have full support from the plant manager and board.
The Role of Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer:
• Develop and maintain robust Fire and Explosion Safety systems
• Develop and manage Capital Projects to improve Fire Detection and Suppression, and explosion Detection and Suppression systems
• Monitor Fire and Explosion Safety system performance
• Provide training, support and information for other teams
• Liaise with the Regulators (Health & Safety Executive & London Fire Brigade) as required for scheduled and unscheduled inspections or communications with them
• Develop and manage Capital projects to improve Fire and Explosion Safety systems on site
The Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer will have experience of:
• Experience within a Manufacturing organisation, FMCG, Chemical or Oil & Gas would be advantageous
• Experience in maintaining and improving Fire and Explosion Safety systems is essential
• Previous experience of managing large capital projects is essential
• NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety
• Certificate in Fire Safety Practitioners and Fire Risk Assessors from the Fire Service College
• Knowledge of Atex and Dsear is desirable but not essential as they can offer development on these areas, the fire engineering safety aspect is more important.
Vacancy Reference: PR/025975
Vacancy Owner: Ryan Binnee | email@example.com | | (+44) 7525 277330