A national chemicals manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental Engineer to help oversee the environmental function for their site in the Petersburg, VA area. The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for ensuring environmental compliance at the site and maintaining environmental permitting and program management.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for the site's environmental programs, policies and procedures
- Develop environmental policies and procedures including air permitting, storm and wastewater reporting, and hazardous waste
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests, and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site Environmental documentation to include program design, Environmental data collection and posting, training documentation, and Environmental KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for environmental audits
- 2+ years Environmental experience in the chemicals industry
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Demonstrated success maintaining environmental permits and systems at the site level
- Understanding of local and federal environmental agency requirements including TSCA, RCRA, and SARA compliance and reporting