A manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join the EHS team at their St Louis area site. The successful candidate will be tasked with maintaining and managing the site’s compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations, as well as supporting the wider EHS team.
- Interpreting regulations and permit requirements into developed and implemented programs and guidance to ensure site compliance
- Manages, develops, and submits permit renewals, modifications, and other activities as necessary
- Acts as mediator between the site and EPA on compliance and permitting.
- Maintains and submits accurate compliance reports and records
- Serves as the technical expert on all matters relating to the site’s infrastructure, associate regulatory compliance, and emissions.
- Assist EHS team with safety and health initiatives
- 1+ years in environmental roles, ideally in a manufacturing setting
- Strong working knowledge of US regulations pertaining to air, water, and waste compliance
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, EHS, or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others