A large manufacturing company is looking to hire an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for their facility in the Bradley, IL area. The EHS Specialist will work closely with the site leadership to drive site and corporate EHS initiatives and help develop programs and processes. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Responsible for EHS oversight of engineering projects and environmental monitoring
- With corporate support, implement company safety standards
- Monitors changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- 3-5 years of progressive EHS experience
- Strong leadership and presentation skills