An industrial manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Manager to oversee their manufacturing facility in the Sacramento, CA area. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing training programs, promoting and driving continuous improvements of EHS systems, and managing existing programs. The successful candidate will be expected to serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS-related matters.
- Recommend, develop, and implement programs that maintain safe working conditions and promote our employees' protection against accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- Promote and drive continuous improvement of EHS systems that result in the reduction of accidents while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State, and local governmental regulations.
- Perform necessary audits to meet compliance, oversee worker's compensation and provide strategic direction on EHS improvements
- 5+ years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an EHS-related field.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Professional certification (e.g. ASP, CSP, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and required documentation skills