A Civil Engineering organization is looking to appoint a Corporate Safety Manager to spearhead EHS nationally. This company deliver's underground engineering solutions on commercial and government contracts ranging from Dam construction, marine construction and electrical utilities projects.
This is an internationally company looking to expand on it's portfolio of work in the United States. They currently have 5 projects under construction down the East Coast and are seeking for a Corporate Safety Manager to help lead their EHS policy and procedures.
Based in New England, ideally in the Greater Boston area, the chosen candidate will oversee the corporate safety strategy and ensure that safety is being implemented across their key site locations.
- Work closely with both the Project Director and Safety Officers on site in delivering a positive culture toward safety.
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Devise and deliver a specialist behavioral safety program
- Proven experience in a construction (Civil Engineering) environment
- Experience working on major heavy civil projects
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Proven communicator, who can engage with key internal & external stakeholders across all levels, from project team to senior leadership
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- OSHA 500 Training qualification