A global Fortune 500 manufacturing company is looking to appoint an EHS Manager on an 18 month contract opportunity to oversee the EHS function at one of their key locations in American Canyon, CA. The EHS Manager will be a part of the site leadership team and will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees at various levels of the business.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performances and lead the plant to a world-class safety program
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation
- Leads site EHS audits and recommends corrective actions where necessary
- 3+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing plant required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- Experience with machine guarding safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a healthy safety culture
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills