A leading industrial manufacturing company is looking to appoint a Transportation Safety Manager to oversee the transportation safety programs for fleet operation of the business. The Transportation Safety Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the company's DOT compliance program and Transportation Safety Policies. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees at various levels of the business. This position can be based in the following locations: Saint Paul, MN; Warroad, MN; Fargo, ND; Ripley, TN; or Roanoke, VA
- Develop, implement and maintain the Safety and DOT compliance programs for the business
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all DOT and OSHA regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into safety management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of the Transportation Safety Policy, safety management programs, and DOT driver training and curriculum
- 5+ years of safety management experience
- Strong working knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA regulations and compliance
- Experience creating and implementing DOT compliance programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Sciences, Safety Management, or related technical field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.
- Ability to travel up to 30%