A global manufacturing company is seeking a Sustainability Engineer to provide support with their Environmental & Sustainability programs and compliance at their Florence, AL site. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Interpreting regulations and permit requirements into developed and implemented programs and guidance to ensure site compliance.
- Helps develop and manage site's Energy Usage program.
- Assists with environmental monitoring, data analysis, and permitting.
- Maintains and submits accurate compliance reports and records.
- 3+ years in environmental roles within a metals manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- Experience with ISO, RCRA, and Emissions programs
- Familiar with Environmental programs such as air, water, and waste.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Environmental Science/Engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.