An international food manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Safety Manager to help further develop their Safety program covering its facilities in the Chicago area. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong safety culture in which both the COO and CEO take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Improve, develop, and implement a more robust Safety program.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance, and site management to drive the Safety performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all Safety regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into Safety management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site Safety documentation to include program design, Safety data collection and posting, training documentation, and Safety KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns Safety resources to audits in their area.
- 7+ years EHS experience in food processing or consumer goods manufacturing.
- 3+ years of multi-site experience.
- 2+ years of Management experience.
- Background in developing and implementing safety programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS-related field or Safety Professional certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.
- Experience integrating new manufacturing teams preferred.