A leading beverage manufacturing firm is looking to hire a Senior Safety Manager to oversee the promotion of a safety-first culture, drive continuous improvement across all operations, and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations. This is a highly visible role within the company that will require the individual to travel regularly to various sites in Southern California as well as Northern California and the East Coast on occasion.
- Lead the overall strategy, initiatives, and regulatory compliance, while closely partnering with the existing safety team and key leaders across all sites to develop industry-leading safety programs and policies.
- Oversee the execution of formal audit program to identify potential safety and environmental hazards, taking proactive steps with site leadership teams to mitigate various hazards.
- Continuously review and refine incident prevention programs as well as perform root cause investigation following incidents to identify their causes and develop preventive solutions that involve team members.
- 10+ years of leading, developing, implementing, and managing company-wide health and safety programs
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or EHS related field required
- Experience in food & beverage, transportation, distribution, and/or warehouse environment highly preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster and influence the overall safety culture from leadership down to individual contributors
- Professional EHS certifications are preferred (e.g. CSP)