A leading food manufacturer is currently seeking an Sr. Health and Safety Specialist to lead the Health and Safety function at its facility in the Naperville, IL area. The Sr. Health and Safety Specialist will be overseeing one facility and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the site's health and safety systems and programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of health and safety related matters.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the company's environmental and safety programs
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact in respect to all EHS matters
- Lead self and others in EHS audits, risk assessments, and training.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- B.S. degree in EHS-related field
- 3+ years of EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of applicable OSHA and EPA regulations
- Energetic, effective communicating, detail oriented, creative problem solving, self-motivated individual
- Ability to work well with multi-functional teams or independently.