A global food manufacturer is looking to appoint a Senior Environmental Manager to oversee a high-risk production facility at one of its key locations near the Tri-Cities, WA area. The incumbent will work with a wider Environmental team across the region, as well as environmentally-focused operations employees within the site. The successful candidate will need a strong understanding of environmental compliance programs, tasked with developing and maintaining site environmental procedures.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance, and site management to drive Environmental performance.
- Supports the company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests, and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all Environmental regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site Environmental documentation.
- Provide Environmental support to adjacent facilities and additional, smaller facilities in the area.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns Environmental resources to audits in their area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Science/Engineering field is required.
- 7+ years in relatable Environmental roles
- Environmental experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of Waste Water and Air regulation requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others