A chemicals manufacturer is looking to appoint a Senior Director of Sustainability to be based from their office South San Francisco area. This position will be tasked with providing support and expertise to the organization regarding sustainability across all mediums. The Senior Director will provide counsel and advice to the business. This is a highly visible role within the organization, and the incumbent will be required to regularly lead presentations and meet with various key stakeholders of the organization.
- Develop and implement sustainability policies and standards to ensure compliance with product laws and regulations
- Keeping leadership apprised of any changes in sustainability
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of emerging ideas, policies, and regulations in the sustainability sector.
- Work with various departments to ensure policies and programs are cohesive
- Work to build an inclusive sustainability program that incorporates social and environmental.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years direct work experience in sustainability
- Management experience
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills required