An industrial manufacturing company is currently seeking a Bilingual Safety Specialist to lead an 150-employee facility for a six month contract in the San Fernando, CA area. The incumbent will be responsible with helping to create, implement and maintain safety programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as expert and primary contact in respect to health, safety and environmental matters
- 2+ years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with CAL OSHA
- Bilingual English/Spanish