An international food manufacturing company is seeking an Safety Manager to lead the Safety program at its facilities in the Chicago area. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong safety culture in which both the COO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance, and site management to drive the Safety performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all Safety regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into Safety management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site Safety documentation to include program design, Safety data collection and posting, training documentation, and Safety KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for audits and assigns Safety resources to audits in their area.
- 3+ years EHS experience in food processing or consumer goods manufacturing.
- MUST be fluent in English & Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS-related field or Safety Professional certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs.
- Experience integrating new manufacturing teams preferred.