Shirley Parsons is working with a Top 50 ranked US Civil Engineering contractor seeking a Construction Safety Manager with a background in tunneling and experienced in overseeing heavy civils projects worth $100m+ value. This client is open to relocation assistance with this position.
This role requires heavy civil construction experience as well as supervisory experience to work on a major flagship tunneling project in Fort Wayne, IN. This is a permanent opportunity with opportunity to work on future projects throughout the midwest area once this role is completed.
- Oversees the field staff in ensuring the Company and its job sites remain hazard and accident free by conducting periodic safety inspections
- Collect and analyze available date, investigation outcomes, and field observations to identify and systematically address areas for safety process and policy improvement throughout the enterprise
- Maintain documentation, assist in inspecting and investigation incidents, and help provide safety training
- Ensure every member of the company complies with health and safety laws
- Identify hazards and implement various safety programs
- Prepare and present safety reports for upper level management
- 5+ years experience in heavy civil construction safety required
- CHST required
- Certified First Responder - US dept. Transportation National Standard
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong supervisory experience required