Shirley Parsons is working with a specialist construction subcontractor seeking to appoint a Safety Manager to join their team. This role will be working with a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company to oversee the construction of bio-pharma projects in the Andover, Massachusetts area. This is a permanent role.
The desired candidate must be experienced in overseeing construction on projects within the Life Sciences space and be qualified to CHST or Bachelors Degree level.
- Undertake job-site inspections, accident investigations and audits as deemed necessary
- Working closely alongside the Corporate Safety Director in analyzing safety metrics & KPIs at a project level, identifying trends and utilizing results to address safety priorities across the business
- Keep up to date with any and all legislation change from industry regulators e.g. OSHA - ensuring compliance to all industry related standards
- Act as a support function for project based staff, offering insight on any EHS issues or queries that may arise
- Will hold circa. 5 years experience managing safety on construction projects
- CHST or BS Safety Degree
- Must have experience working in Life Sciences projects
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, across all business levels