A leading container terminal operator is looking for an HSSE Manager in Elizabeth, NJ. Working as an integral member of the EHS team and reporting directly into the VP of Safety, you will be responsible for ensuring EHS compliance and excellence, across all business operations at the facility. If you are interested in joining a company at the forefront of its field, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role then please apply!
- Have oversight for company EHS program: perform site inspections, incident investigations, inductions and training for all employees
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving the EHS culture within the business through coaching and mentoring, of all leaders and employees
- Prepare and report monthly safety statistics/key metrics, communicating the successes and action areas to the leadership team
- Ensure compliance to all state and federal regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or other related field (preferred)
- CSP (preferred)
- A proven communicator who can effectively engage key internal and external stakeholders alike
- EHS Management experience in the Marine and Logistical environment or Oil & Gas.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or union labor working environment (preferred)