An industrial manufacturing company is currently seeking a Safety Manager to oversee the Safety program across at its Frederick, MD area, 2-shift facility. The incumbent will be responsible with further developing and leading the site’s Safety Programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards.
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations.
- Serve as expert and primary contact in respect to health, safety and environmental matters.
- Manage site’s night shift Safety Coordinator.
- 3+ years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field.
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout and Fall Protection safety training.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and 18001 preferred.