An industrial manufacturing company is currently seeking a Safety Specialist to assist in covering their Frederick, MD area 2-shift facility. The incumbent will be responsible with assisting the Safety Manager to create, implement and maintain safety programs, while directly overseeing the night shift. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as expert and primary contact in respect to health, safety and environmental matters
- 1+ years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field.
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout and Fall Protection safety training.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and 18001 preferred.