A leading industrial manufacturer is looking for a Safety Coordinator to join their team. This role would be responsible for leading the site in all aspects of safety compliance towards the goal of zero incidents and severity. The individual would also initiate and manage all Worker's Compensation claims, and actively participate in incident investigations across the site.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with a heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Perform facility EHS inspections. Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Develop written reports for the above activities and track recommendations through to completion.
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment, etc.
- Ensure the company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Associates or Bachelors degree in safety science, engineering, or industrial hygiene discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing/industrial plant
- Experience in Industrial Hygiene including monitoring equipment preferred.
- Experience with managing Workers Compensation claims