A leading medical device manufacturing firm is looking to hire a Safety & Sustainability Manager to drive the safety-first culture, continuous improvement across all operations, and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations. The individual will be responsible for managing the injury and illness prevention plan, leading training for a large workforce, and managing sustainability projects.
- Establish and Maintain a strong safety culture through the development and continuous improvement of policies, programs, and training.
- Continuously review and refine incident prevention programs as well as perform root cause investigation following incidents to identify their causes and develop preventive solutions.
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training and training materials
- Ensure all environmental permit requirements and regulatory reporting are current and compliant
- 5+ years of leading, developing, implementing, and managing company-wide health and safety programs
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA standards and requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster and influence the overall safety culture from leadership down to individual contributors
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills