Shirley Parsons is in the market for a Project Safety Manager to work on permanent position with one of our clients in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
This client is an ENR Top 50 civil engineering company, seeking a safety professional with tunneling and boring experience to oversee EHS on a multi-million dollar flagship project. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years' experience across the civil engineering market working on high value tunneling projects and be qualified to CHST level.
- Oversees the field staff in ensuring the Company and its job sites remain hazard and accident free by conducting periodic safety inspections
- Collect and analyze available date, investigation outcomes, and field observations to identify and systematically address areas for safety process and policy improvement throughout the enterprise
- Maintain documentation, assist in inspecting and investigation incidents, and help provide safety training
- Ensure every member of the company complies with health and safety laws
- Identify hazards and implement various safety programs
- Prepare and present safety reports for upper level management
- 7+ years experience in heavy civil construction safety required
- CHST required
- Certified First Responder - US dept. Transportation National Standard
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong supervisory experience required