Shirley Parsons is partnered with a large general contractor to help identify a Project Safety Director in Sycamore, IL. The ideal candidate will be tasked with monitoring and enforcing all OSHA, state, and local safety requirements on site. The client is open to relocation assistance for this position.
- Provide management and oversight of all safety related functions on site
- Develop and integrate new safety programs to promote all company related safety goals and initiatives
- Oversee and mentor safety staff of five to eight safety technicians on site
- Support all safety policies and compliance with OSHA, state, and local regulations
- Conduct safety training on various topics including the proper use of PPE and other safety equipment.
- Inspect and audit job site to identify and fix safety hazards
- Conducts incident investigations and prepares job accident reports
- Maintain all necessary safety logs, i.e.; gas testing, air velocity, and other required tests.
- Conducts risk assessments
- Verify completion of safety recommendations and requirements on site
- 8+ years experience in construction safety
- Major project management experience required
- Background in industrial construction highly preferred
- CSP Preferred
- CHST Required
- OSHA 500 Preferred
- OSHA 510 Preferred