A leading international Sustainability manufacturing organization is looking to appoint a Lead SHE Advisor to oversee one of its production facilities near State College, PA. Reporting to the SHE Manager, the local leadership team, and the corporate SHE function, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures at the plant-level. The Specialist will be responsible for conducting SHE audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement SHE programs and procedures and maintain the SHE Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies such as EPCRA and NPDES
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior SHE Team, Plant Management and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 5-7+ years of manufacturing experience in operational EHS roles.
- Experience in high hazardous chemical or pharmaceutical facilities
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH) preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills