An international food manufacturing organization is looking to appoint a Health and Safety Manager to oversee their operations. Working alongside the site leadership team, the HS Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing HS programs, fostering a healthy safety culture, and overseeing all training at the plant level. The incumbent will be tasked with conducting HS audits and acting as the interface with agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement HS programs and procedures and maintain the HS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior leadership, Plant Manager and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience in operational EHS roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
- Previous experience managing EHS programs and systems.
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Local to Toronto