A leading waste and recycling organization is looking to hire a Health & Safety Director, to lead the company program across their diverse portfolio of services throughout Southern California and other associated locations. You would be responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the safety program. Acting as the figurehead for an industry leading safety culture. If interested please read the details below and apply!
- Develop and oversee all efforts, programs, and initiatives in Safety and Risk Management to ensure a safe workplace for all employees
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership team reporting back on Key Performance Indicators for the health and safety program, developing reports and driving changes/improvements where necessary
- Leading and managing the wider Health, Safety and Risk team members, ensuring best-practices and accountability across all operations.
- Work alongside industry regulatory bodies (OSHA) to ensure compliance to any and all relevant local, state or federal legislation
- 10+ years’ experience as the Safety t leader in either Transportation, Waste Management/Recycling, or Manufacturing industries
- Bachelors Degree in either Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering or Industrial Hygiene (Required)
- Effective communicator across all levels - with the capacity to communicate all corporate safety matters to internal and external stakeholders alike
- Based near Garden Grove HQ and able to travel as required in the role (Relocation Assistance for non-local candidates will be explored on case by case basis)