A leading manufacturing firm is looking to hire a Health and Safety Manager to manage their manufacturing plant in Pocatello, Idaho. Working closely with the plant operations team, and the corporate H&S team, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures at the plant level. This role, along with his/her direct reports, will lead efforts to reduce risk to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for the employees.
- Work with Corporate H&S Team, Plant Management, and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance with all applicable Corporate Safety Policies.
- Assesses risk potential of hazards for each job performance and work to ensure everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner
- Lead direct reports to drive engagement in a manner consistent with the core values
- 5+ years of leading and implementing Health and Safety programs in the manufacturing industry required
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster and influence the overall safety culture
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or EHS related field preferred
- Professional EHS certifications are preferred (e.g. CIH, CSP, CEM, CHMM).