A manufacturing company is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to lead their safety program at their site in the Emporia, KS area. The incumbent will be tasked with strategically developing safety programs and driving a behavior-based safety culture. The incumbent will be providing leadership across the business and overseeing organizational compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations.
- Developing strategies and implementing safety efforts and initiatives
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and regional/site management to drive safety performance
- Providing practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions to corporate, regional and site management
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the EHS function, integrating tactical and strategic EHS planning
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or Safety related field
- 3+ years’ progressive EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- CSP, CIH, CHMM (or similar) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.