A leading North American manufacturer is searching for a Health and Safety Director to join their growing team and lead the company's safety programs. Based in the company's largest, state of the art manufacturing facility south of the greater Minneapolis area, the H&S Director will be tasked with developing the company-wide health and safety programs and ensuring all processes are in compliance.
This is a newly created, highly visible position within a growing company that invests heavily in its EHS programs and employees. The H&S Director will work closely with the EHS teams as well as engage with various stakeholders of the business.
- Develop and implement health and safety programs and procedures, ensuring all manufacturing facilities are in compliance with company policies and federal regulations
- Lead and oversee continuous improvement efforts for health and safety programs
- Implement programs and trainings to ensure all processes of the organization are in compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations
- Efficiently facilitate and prepare safety reports and plans, and effectively communicate findings and recommendations to leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health, Engineering, or related technical field
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and DOT rules and regulations
- 10+ years of Safety experience in a manufacturing environment, with 5+ years of experience in a strategic leadership position
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills