A global financial services firm is searching for a Fire and Life Safety Director to lead the development, standardization, and implementation of their Fire and Life Safety Program across the Americas region. A successful candidate will be leading a small team and be based in New York City. A minor amount of travel may be required, but an ability to work with and influence distributed teams will be essential.
- Provide support for the life safety preventative maintenance program to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulatory codes across the Americas region.
- Ensure proficient Fire Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are in place for all America’s offices as required, which are reviewed and tested/ drilled within a designated frequency.
- Schedule daily operations and performance of the 24 x 7 Fire Safety Director teams in New York and New Jersey, ensuring proficiency against designated SoPs with a regular testing/ drilling program in place.
- Ensure fire safety patrols and inspections carried out by fire safety personnel are performed correctly, with timely completion, adequate coverage and quality of reporting.
- Use established reporting systems to record, report, monitor, and progress all fire safety anomalies and irregularities as may be necessary to ensure a robust service provision.
- Oversee the approval / rejection of fire safety elements of permits to work, and hot works permits for the NY/NJ campus.
- Ensure scheduled systems checks are completed to highlight issues or anomalies.
- Partner with Facilities Management to ensure Fire Safety Plans and Emergency Action Plans are maintained to comply with local regulations.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support and advise on fire and life safety matters for all projects and events in the Americas region, in particular implementation of fire safety systems and procedures for new real estate developments.
- Develop and implement results of risk assessments and ensure general awareness of threats.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience within Fire and Life Safety
- Fire and Life Safety certifications (e.g., F-89 / F-07)
- 5+ years’ experience in a fire safety management role, and 2+ years’ experience of managing staff
- Working knowledge of national, state and local fire safety regulations, policies, and procedures
- Power plant, compliance in construction, and incident management experience