A leading American manufacturing company is seeking a new hire to be under the purview of the Environmental Department. This position has direct responsibility for operating Environmental Control Systems, conducting fieldwork required by sampling, monitoring, observing and recording environmental data; and providing accurate and useful information to the Regional Environmental Manager and facility managers . The Environmental Systems Operator assists in the overall planning, design, installation, and has direct first line responsibility for effective operation of ECSs and associated metering and measuring devices.
- Five Major Essential functions spanning:
- Environmental and Health & Safety (H&S)
- Operational Performance & Best Management Practices
- Equipment Design, Installation & Maintenance
- Inventory & Quality Control
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Day to Day:
- routine maintenance on equipment
- tracking planned maintenance based on run hours and usage
- coordinating on-site and off-site labor
- upset conditions - troubleshoot onsite or offsite
- applied environmental or manufacturing control system operational experience; property management
- Technical or maintenance background will succeed in this role
- 12 + years experience operating environmental or manufacturing control systems including PLC programming and use, conducting routine maintenance and system troubleshooting, water and air sampling, managing permit compliance activities, and generating/maintaining permit-required system operation records.
- scientific approach and logical reasoning are key to this role, as well as understanding the principles of engineering to rapidly review and control manufacturing in case of maintenance
- Preference for person with demonstrated experience operating and maintaining environmental or manufacturing control systems and maintaining relevant permit-required compliance documentation.
- willing to obtain state and industry specific licenses