A 250-employee, family-owned agribusiness is seeking an Environmental Manager to lead their environmental compliance and permitting systems, programs and strategy. This role will report directly into the Legal Counsel, and will oversee a diverse range of operations including milling and food production, ethanol plants and industrial manufacturing sites.
- Oversee and manage all environmental compliance, reporting, permitting and certifications for the company; these include air permitting and reporting, spill prevention, hazardous waste, storm water and waste water programs
- Provide technical guidance and stay up-to-date on all relevant environmental standards and regulations that impact the organization, at federal, state and local level.
- Oversee and lead all environmental audits, and collaborate with various stakeholders to implement corrective action plans, based on these findings
- Manage an Environmental Specialist as a direct report, providing coaching and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Environmental Management or Sciences, is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant environmental management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPA, DNR and DOT regulations that impact the environmental programs of the organization, and a well-rounded technical skillset within air, waster and waste disciplines.