A large retail client is seeking an Environmental Manager on a contract basis. The Environmental Manager will serve as a subject matter expert to the existing EHS team by assessing the existing corporate environmental programs and work with the various California State Regulatory Agencies to meet compliance and regulation requirements.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing corporate environmental programs.
- Generate environmental reports as requested by regulatory agencies.
- Obtain, maintain, modify and renew environmental permits and licenses as required by regulatory agencies
- Provide practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Environmental Management required
- Strong expertise in navigating the CA environmental laws to assist with compliance
- Demonstrated experience with HMBPs, EPAs, CARB, Hazardous Materials Handling, Hazardous Waste Streams, and Hazardous Waste Disposal, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills