A global EHS consultancy is seeking an experienced business developer/account manager specializing in Environmental Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A). You will be responsible for developing business in the investment banking and private equity sector, and growing the organization's due diligence, M&A and ESG services across a wide variety of industries.
This position can be remote-based from anywhere in the US, with 35% travel expected to major financial markets (once feasible pending pandemic conditions).
- Develop and execute strategic business development plans to expand the company's M&A services and client base within the financial sector
- Identify and secure new opportunities and contracts, both with existing company accounts and new clients
- Oversee the delivery of consulting services on complex deals, including due diligence (Phase I, Phase II, risk and liability assessments etc.), ESG due diligence, and post-acquisition integration support
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior consultants; work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Environmental Science or related field; Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting; 5+ years in M&A/due diligence
- ESG/sustainability experience strongly preferred
- Experience developing new business and maintaining client relationships is essential
- Must have excellent communication and influencing skills and a collaborative working style