A rapidly growing manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental Leader to oversee the environmental function for the organization. Based from one of their key locations in Minneapolis, the Environmental Leader will be responsible for ensuring environmental compliance at all company locations and will be required to travel up to 25%. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a knowledgeable environmental culture, requiring the ability to operate, maintain and monitor environmental policies and programs.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for the company's environmental programs, policies and procedures
- Develop environmental policies and procedures including air permitting, storm and wastewater reporting, and hazardous waste
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests, and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site Environmental documentation to include program design, Environmental data collection and posting, training documentation, and Environmental KPI reports.
- Participates as a leader for environmental audits and assigns EHS resources to audits in their area
- 5+ years Environmental experience in the chemicals industry
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Demonstrated success implementing and overseeing environmental programs and systems across multiple locations
- Understanding of local and federal environmental agency requirements including TSCA, RCRA, and SARA compliance and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others
- Ability to travel throughout the US up to 30%