An engineering company in the San Fernando Valley is looking to add an EHSS Specialist to their R&D facility. This role works closely with the Security and Operations teams. The EHSS Specialist will be responsible for conducting safety training, incident investigations, and reporting to several regulatory agencies.
- Develop and implement EHSS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Manage environmental activities including, CUPA, OSHA, Local Sanitation Agencies, EPA Region IX, SARA and other local environmental reporting as required.
- 3-5+ years of from the Aerospace, Oil & Gas, or Mining field
- Experience with Hydraulic processes
- REA Certification
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH) preferred
- Previous 2-4+ years experience as a safety manager or environmental regulatory manager with a record of experience and proven success in environmental certifications