A global metals company is seeking an EHS Specialist and ISO 14001/45001 Subject Matter Expert at their Florence, AL site. This business invests heavily in its EHS programs and has developed a strong environmental culture in which both the CEO and President take active roles. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Manage ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as ISO expert and primary contact in respect to EHS matters
- 8+ years of EHS experience within a heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong experience and knowledge with ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS-related field