A leading international manufacturing organization is looking to appoint an EHS Specialist to oversee one of its production facilities near Salinas, CA. Working closely with the Plant Manager, the local leadership team, and the corporate EHS function, the incumbent will be tasked with fostering a proactive safety culture and overseeing all compliance procedures at the plant-level. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for conducting EHS audits and acting as the interface between local and federal agencies to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement EHS programs and procedures and maintain the EHS Management System.
- Assist with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies.
- Recommend corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Work with Senior EHS Team, Plant Management and other staff to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- 3-5+ years of manufacturing experience in operational EHS roles.
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Related qualifications or certification (CSP/CIH) preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills