A leading industrial manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Specialist to help lead the EHS function at its facility in the Kearney, NE area. The EHS Specialist will be assisting the EHS Manager in overseeing the manufacturing facility and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the site's EHS systems and programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Help develop and implement EHS programs to comply with facility targets, including EHS Regulatory Compliance and Accident Prevention.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact in respect to all EHS matters
- Lead self and others in EHS audits, risk assessments, and training.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- B.S. degree in EHS-related field
- 3-5 years' of EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of applicable OSHA and EPA regulations
- Energetic, effective communicating, detail oriented, creative problem solving, self-motivated individual
- Ability to work well with multi-functional teams or independently